$11.85 – $35.17
A hydrosol is the aromatic water that remains after producing an essential oil via steam distillation. Steam distillation results in two complementary products – the essential oil and the hydrosol.
When the plant material is brewed with water in the cooker, steam fills the pot, and as it rises, causing the plant’s glands to release its oils and essence into the steam. The aromatic water that was steamed with the original plant material is referred to as a “hydrosol”, which is like a much less concentrated essential oil. During this distillation process, the plant matter actually imparts the hydrosol with the water-soluble aromatic and therapeutic properties of the plant. They contain the essence of the plant in every drop, just like essential oils, but in a milder form.
Hydrosols are suitable for all manners of application where essential oils could be too strong. They represent a more subtle and delicate form of the aromatic substance and can be an ideal complement to aromatherapy.
- Rose Hydrosol is suitable for food use and makes a delightful addition to desserts, beverages, and candies.
- It makes a practical and suitable body splash and deodorant.
- Rose is a wonderful toner for all skin types.
- Hydrosols are great to naturally freshen the air, instead of using aerosols which can be harmful to the environment.
- Can be added to body and skin care products.
- Hydrosols are typically misted on the body and face, or poured into a bath, and can be used for personal care and around the house.
- During the summer, hydrosols are perfect to use as a cooling body mist.
Ingredients: Organic Rose Otto (Rosa damascena). Pure food grade.